MIKE'S MUSIC-ED RESUME & MUSIC BIO (20 years & counting)
Current Group Music Programs In Progress
1. INDIE ROCK DEN- Acoustic indie/alt/American music camp for adult musicians. Built for Gen-Xers & Millennial Rockers
Past Group Music Programs
1. ROCK FOR A CAUSE- Mike's live performance & empowerment camp for teen musicians
2. GET ON THE GRID- Minnesota's first ever live music matchmaking convention for hobbyist/weekend warrior musicians
3. ROCK CAMP FOR DADS - Minnesota's largest Rock Camp for adult musicians. Nationally recognized by NPR
4. PEACE DEN- Acoustic music camp dedicated to the songs and sounds of The Laurel Canyon Scene
5. SONGWRITERS CLUB
I've Taught Music In The Following Schools.....
1. PIM Arts High School 2. MacPhail Center For Music 3. Lake Harriet House Of Music 4. The Barton School
5. Cadenza Music 6. Carleton College (workshops) 7. DeLaSalle High School (workshops) 8. Plymouth Creek Elementary
9. IPR College Of Creative Arts (workshops) 10. McNally Smith College Of Music (guest lecturer & panel judge)
11. Great River School
Fun Facts About Me! Your In Good Music Hands! Experience Matters!
- Created Minnesota's first Guitar Festival, The Modern Guitar Festival
- Was nominated “best guitarist” by the Minnesota Music Academy 2x
- Won “best new band” by The Minnesota Music Academy 2x
- Toured the United States multiple times and have collaborated on over 150 recorded songs with many amazing artists like Haley, The Unknown Prophets, Kraig Johnson (The Jayhawks) Dave King (The Bad Plus), Angelo Barbera (Robby Krieger Band), Ty Dennis (Booker T), Love Cars, Robert Skoro (Mason Jennings) , Chan Poling (Suburbs), Greg Schutte (Mickey Hart), Chris Morrissey (Nora Jones), Steve Goold (Sara Bareilles), Desdamona, Carnage, DJ ESP/DJ Woody McBride, The Bill Mike Band, The Orange Goodness, Iffy and many others. Cool places I've performed include Target Center, The Chicago Opera House, First Avenue (9x), The Metro Chicago (3x), The Sheldon Theater, The Viper Room LA, The Troubadour LA, The Mercury Lounge NYC (2x), CBGB's NYC, The Walker Arts Center (6x), Mpls Institute Of Art (2x), The State Theater (3x), The Fitzgerald Theater (3x), The MN Zoo Amphitheater, Cedar Cultural Center (4x), SXSW, CMJ & many other cool national music festivals
- Was a recipient of The McKnight/MacPhail Musicians Fellowship Grant & recipient of The Jonathan Grove Foundation Arts Grant
- Created my own rock guitar method/book for students called “The Rock & Roll Diet”
- I've released several solo records but more infamously “On The Mend” which is a nationally recognized record dedicated to auditory health
- Charted in the top 40 on the CMJ (U.S. charts for college & public stations) (4x)
- Scored multiple jingles for top corporations and some of my original music has been featured on PBS & MTV
- Co-wrote the original score for a new musical called, SKOL, which was produced by Collide Theatrical & Dance Co
- Was a music therapist at Fairview Riverside Hospital/Senior Treatment Center 5B
- Composed original music for Santa Clara University’s Theater Production of “Saint Claire Of Assisi"
- Had my first professional guitar session at age 21 with hit producer & remix master Mark Liggett (Bee Gees, New Kids On The Block)
- Worked as a roadie in LA and got to work for Lenny Kravitz, Los Lobos, Jimmy Page, Stone Temple Pilots & other rock stars
- Played guitar for Hippocrates Cafe! A traveling MPR variety show for the medical world created by Dr. Jon Halberg (MPR/Mill City Clinic)
- Played guitar with world renowned choreographer, Meg Stuart (Berlin) at The Walker Arts Center
- I'm nourishing my groove-infused Alt/Indie rock band called The Orange Goodness, and my guitar/songwriting session work
Let Me Help You With Your Music Journey! The Wrap Up........
I'm a compassionate, non-judgmental music coach dedicated to helping teen and adult musicians develop their guitar, songwriting and performance craft. We are all unique human beings so I take an individualized approach to coaching and mentorship. With 20 + years of experience in many classrooms, on many stages and a witness to every music situation imaginable, I'm confident I can demystify your instrument for you at whatever pace you prefer. We collaborate as a team fulfilling your goals and music dreams with a pragmatic approach! Like any craft, getting to "the next phase" takes some work and dedication, but we should never forget that your music journey needs to be joyous and exciting too! Thanks for reading!
Contact me here to set up online lessons or a consultation! Thanks! email@example.com